mhonarc-users

Re: Visio Attachments

1997-08-27 11:26:48
thanks a million earl. however, the battle is not yet over for me. by
making
the necessary changes that you recommended, i was able to solve the
visio
problem (and infact know how to handle file types whose
applicaiton/subtype i can
discover). however, when i get Framemaker and pdf attachments, then, in
Netscape
mail, this is how i see them:

in netscape mail:

Name: chap1.frm
Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
Encoding: base64

Name: ss5.pdf
Type: Adobe Acrobat (application)
Encoding: base64

how should i deal with pdf and frm files when their subtypes are either
not showing up (as in pdf) or its conflicting (as octet-stream is setup
in
mhexternal.pl for bin and framemaker files are coming in as octet
stream)

thanks very much. btw, i had been a hypermail user for a long time and
had not bothered to even check out mhonarc. but i chanced upon seing the
frame example of mhonarc and the scan and rmm option as well impress me
highly. i am finding mhonarc absolutely amazing and tremendously useful
for our project. thank you!

--
regards,
Pradeep Dev Pandey

  TCSI: http://www.tcsi.com
  Work: (510) 749-8608
  Home: (510) 865-7238
--

[try to keep correspondance to the mhonarc list]

1. i recieve the visio attachement correctly through my netscape
   mail. there the attachment shows up as:

                 Name: netmodel.vsd
                 Type:
application/x-unknown-content-type-Visio.Drawing.4
                 Encoding: base64

2. so i thought that subtype of visio should be
   "x-unknown-content-type-Visio.Drawing.4" and so added the following
line
   to my mhonarc resource file: (the new/added line has been underlined)

<MimeArgs>
text/plain:quote maxwidth=78
image/gif:inline
image/jpeg:inline
image/x-xbitmap:inline
image/x-xbm:inline
</MimeArgs>

<MIMEFilters>
application/x-unknown-content-type-Visio.Drawing.4:m2h_external'filter
ext=vsd
type="Visio Document":mhexternal.pl

You are misusing the MIMEFilters resource.  What you have above
will not work.  The first line is okay, but the other 2 are bogus.
MIMEFilters just maps content-types to filters.  Filter options
are specified by the MIMEARGS resource.  Therefore, you want something
like the following:

<MIMEFilters>
application/x-unknown-content-type-Visio.Drawing.4:m2h_external'filter
</MIMEFilters>

<MimeArgs>
application/x-unknown-content-type-Visio.Drawing.4:ext=vsd type="Visio
Document"
</MimeArgs>

Hopefully this should do the trick.