mhonarc-users

Re: (very) Mixed Archive, any tips

1998-01-20 07:43:19
At 12:31 AM 1/20/98 GMT, Darren Wyn Rees wrote:
I have one or two archives of emails which are very mixed; saved from
various M$Windows prog's, often inconsistent and some with only to, from,
date, and subject, no *id.'s*.  Not saved in Unix formats.

I'd be grateful of any advise on doing these old archives... as it looks
like I'll have to hand-edit some of this to make it readable.  Any tips,
suggestions, pointers to useful pages greatfully appreciated.    (Thanks
again for this product... I was insane enough to consider using M$Access
to prepare the .htm pages about a month ago.)      --- Rgds,

There are some notes about converting various mail file formats to a Eudora
format at:

    http://mango.human.cornell.edu/kens/MoreFAQ.html#Convert

If you do end up doing lots of manual changes, a text editor that memorizes
keyboard macros (such as GNU Emacs) is invaluable.

-- SP