mhonarc-users

"Push" mirroring of servers

1998-02-27 11:30:58
Earl Hood said in another thread:

If you are not scared
of a little programming, you can optimize the transfer of MHonArc
archive data to the Web server by only transfering files that are new,
or have changed, since the last transfer.

Actually, there may be some mirroring software that you can use that
can probably automate the task for you.  Decent mirror software should
only transfer data that has changed or is new.

I've been looking for a general "push mirroring" tool that will process an
entire directory tree.  All I've found are "pull" scripts that run on the
machine that is the destination of the mirroring.  I need something that
runs on the source machine and maniuplates the destination machine's FTP
server.

Seems like this would have been found or invented by MHonArc users who
generate their message archives on machines other than the destination WWW
server.

Any pointers?

-- thanks, SP