mhonarc-users

Re[2]: Remove bug

1998-05-26 11:20:53
Thanks for your quick response. However, the problem is not with the
caching. The maillist file is rebuilt daily with new entries, but
still references the deleted files - I don't know why. I keep
thinking it may be a corrupted database??? But the other maillists
(there are around 15 of them in other directories) are all
functioning fine and -rmm works on them... This 'bad' one currently
has 2,906 entries - only 800 are actually on disk now. Any other
ideas? It's on our Intranet so it's behind a firewall, therefore you
can't see the problem.

Thanks
Marianne

Subject: Re: Remove bug
Author:  Earl Hood <ehood(_at_)hydra(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu> at
INTERNET-GATEWAY
Date:    5/22/98 07:17 PM

On May 22, 1998 at 16:40,
marianne_betterly-kohn(_at_)ccgate(_dot_)apl(_dot_)com wrote:

I've inherited an old application that is using Mhonarc 1.2.3,
written with Perl 5. I have a problem with remove (-rmm). It is
removing the files from disk but still displaying them on the
maillist.html. My page is huge right now and I need to fix the
problem.

You should check that you did not fall victim to Web browser
caching.  I.e.  The maillist.html did get updated, but your
browser was still using a previous cached copy.  Make sure you
get an actual reload.

How do I get them to remove from the maillist? Should I
upgrade software? If so, what version?

The latest version is avaliable at the mhonarc home page.  Read
the release notes file (RELNOTES) for issues on upgrading from
1.2.3 (there have been several releases since then).  RELNOTES
contains a complete history of release notes.