mhonarc-users

Re[4]: Remove bug

1998-05-29 19:29:16
Thanks for your prompt response. We still have a problem - here goes
the explanation. To begin with, the rebuild is done with -add -quiet
-rcfile -outdir parameters. This works for adding new entries,
however, once they are in the maillist.html, they never leave.

We deleted the maillist.html and ran mhonarc -editidx - we got an
ERROR: Unable to open /msg02381.html (which doesn't exist). This was
done with root privs.

Then we tried to build a new database. We renamed the .mhonarc.db and ran
mhonarc - got nothing. Then ran mhonarc -editidx and got a new .mhonarc.db and a
new maillist.html : both were empty. I have around 800 html files in my
directory. The original mailfiles are gone. Is there any way to use the html
files to rebuild the database? I continue to see entries to old, deleted html
files. If I try to remove the already removed entries from the mhonarc.db, I'm
told they don't exist - but they keep appearing in the maillist.html!

If the page weren't so big or so important to my users, I'd just start from
scratch, but 100s of people are using it.

So, I'd appreciate any other words of wisdom.

Regards,
Marianne