mhonarc-users

RE: ezmlm?

1998-07-17 17:51:40
Has anyone gotten mhonarc to work with ezmlm archives?  I
havent gotten far
into this yet, just wanted to check if anyone can impart
some knowledge on
me :)

If you provide a sample ezmlm archive (or make one accessible),
we may be able to determine if MHonArc can handle it.

BTW, Have you tried running MHonArc on one?

ezmlm stores archives in a hashed directory structure basicly looking like
this

/list/archive/1/
/list/archive/2/
..so on..

Within these directories each message is kept as a seperate file.  There is
an index file that is, of course, and index of all the messages in that
directory.  These directories do not correspond to dates.  It's some hashing
scheme that is supposed to make archive searching/retrieval very fast.

Basicly, mhonarc would need to look in the directory /list/archive
and then read the messages from each subdirectory while ignoring any file
called 'index'. (I'm guessing this would work)

Shane

ps.more info on ezmlm is at qmail.org and ezmlm.org