mhonarc-users

Re: problem with MSGSEP

1998-08-30 22:58:03
On August 30, 1998 at 18:33, Jason R Mastaler wrote:

I'm using wilma 1.4 and MHonArc v2.2.0 to process a mailing list.
However, MHonArc is choking when trying to process one of the 33
mailbox files.  I've isolated the problem, but am not sure how to
solve it.  The problem is the MSGSEP statement in the rcfile included
with the wilma distribution (wilma_template.rc).  When I run mhonarc
on this mailbox file using wilma_template.rc, it dies immediately.

Reading ./ding.199611 .Out of memory!

However, if I comment out the MSGSEP statement, mhonarc is able to
process the file fine.

#<MSGSEP>
#^From .*  \w{3} \w{3} [ \d]\d
#</MSGSEP>

This is a strange MSGSEP.  When used on the mailbox file, only a single
match is made, which causes a message over a megabyte in size to be
written (if you have the memory).  You either have low memory, or
process quotas to get the Out of memory error.  I was able to process
it on my system.  Note, you should list the version of perl
in use ("perl -v") since perl may play in role.

Regardless, the MSGSEP is not appropriate for the file you gave.
Since I am not familiar with Wilma or how Majordomo stores it messages,
I cannot tell you the reason behind the MSGSEP resource used.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME