mhonarc-users

Re: problem with MSGSEP

1998-08-30 23:52:39
Earl Hood <ehood(_at_)hydra(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu> writes:

#<MSGSEP>
#^From .*  \w{3} \w{3} [ \d]\d
#</MSGSEP>

This is a strange MSGSEP.  When used on the mailbox file, only a single
match is made, which causes a message over a megabyte in size to be
written (if you have the memory).  You either have low memory, or
process quotas to get the Out of memory error.  I was able to process
it on my system.  Note, you should list the version of perl
in use ("perl -v") since perl may play in role.

This is perl, version 5.004_04 built for i386-bsdos

I just tried this on another machine (also perl 5.004_04) and didn't
run out of memory, but rather had the same result that you did.
However, this result isn't much better.

Regardless, the MSGSEP is not appropriate for the file you gave.

I agree, but did you happen to catch why only a single match was made.