mhonarc-users

Re: problem with MSGSEP

1998-08-31 01:16:05
"EH" == Earl Hood <ehood(_at_)hydra(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu> writes:

EH> Regardless, the MSGSEP is not appropriate for the file you gave. Since
EH> I am not familiar with Wilma or how Majordomo stores it messages, I
EH> cannot tell you the reason behind the MSGSEP resource used.

The regexp is trying to match the message separator that Sendmail puts in
mbox files, which looks like (at least on all of my machines):

From owner-majordomo  Thu Jan 16 00:40:55 1997

which should match

/^From .*  \w{3} \w{3} [ \d]\d/

precisely.  Majordomo doesn't do anything odd with its messages; it just
passes on the message separator that sendmail passes it.

But Jason (M) is building his files from Procmail, and I don't know if
anything odd is creeping in that way.  I use Procmail as the local delivery
agent on my systems and the mbox files come out with separators matching
that regexp exactly, so I'm not sure where any oddness could come from.

 - J<