mhonarc-users

Re: .PROCMAILRC

1998-11-25 22:49:55
to follow up on what Bert Hiddink said:

Following your suggestion, I tried to implement this through
.procmailrc:

:0: microempresa.lock
* ^TOmicroempresa-list(_at_)sipromicro(_dot_)com
| /usr/www/users/galileo/cgi-local/mha/mhonarc -add -nolock -nodoc \
-rcfile /usr/www/users/galileo/cgi-local/mha/rcfile4 \
-outdir /usr/www/users/galileo/intercam/listas-html/microempresa

But in the above example, where does mhonarc the messages take from
to convert to *.html?

from standard input.  that is why the reference to the mhonarc
program starts with a pipe symbol <|>.  Procmail disposes a copy
of the message just received through a Unix pipe to stdin of the
mhonarc process.  MHonArc takes it from there.  The script that
Chris offered you adds each message as it is received.  One
message per execution.  No batch of messages involved.  The
procmail documentation is pretty clear about this.

Al

So I thought, let procmail save all incoming messages to a file
first:

:0
* ^TOmicroempresa-list
$HOME/listas/microempresa

and then mhonarc do the conversion:

:0: microempresa.lock
* ^TOmicroempresa-list(_at_)sipromicro(_dot_)com
| /usr/www/users/galileo/cgi-local/mha/mhonarc -add -nolock -nodoc \
-rcfile /usr/www/users/galileo/cgi-local/mha/rcfile4 \
-outdir /usr/www/users/galileo/intercam/listas-html/microempresa
$HOME/listas/microempresa

where $HOME/listas/microempresa is the messages inbox-file for
mhonarc to convert. If I do not specify the inbox-file, mhonarc takes
the default directory and there are not my messages.

But then I realized that something is wrong but the 2 actions
(1:saving incoming messages to a file and 2:invoking mhonarc to
convert this messages to *.html) would possibly take place at the
same and therefore an impossible task for Procmail to complete!

So how could I resolve this? Please help and thanks in advance!
  FELIZ NAVIDAD Y PROSPERO ANO NUEVO!

   *
  ***
 *****
*******
   *

Bert Hiddink
FUNDACION GALILEO
Correo electronico: hiddink(_at_)sipromicro(_dot_)com
Sitio: http://www.sipromicro.com
Tel. +506 280 8683
Telefax. +506 280 8847