mhonarc-users

RE: Converting entire directories on Windows NT

1999-05-01 15:14:04
You probably have a wildcard expansion problem.

Type this exact command line to the respective 95 and NT MS DOS shells:

   perl -e "print join(' ',@ARGV)" e:\logfiles\*.log

If you see a literal e:\logfiles\*.log (with the asterisk) in the output,
then the wildcard file name is not getting expanded by either the command
processor or the Perl interpreter.  (Or there are no files matching *.log in
that directory.)  On the system I'm working from now (Win 95, ActiveState
Perl 5.004_71) the Perl interpreter does expand the wildcard name into a
list.  I suspect that you are not getting that under NT.

-- SP

All,
      I scoured the archive for an answer so I hope this is not a
duplicate.  I just installed Mhonarc on an NT server with the hopes of
converting some NTList log files to HTML.  NTList (the
listserver product
for NT Mail) stores a given days messages in a file.  For
example, today is
LL990411.log.  I want to be able to point Mhonarc at a
directory and have it
convert all the log files in the directory.
      Here is my problem: under Windows 95, I can point mhonarc at the
directory and use a *.log wildcard.  It successfully finds
and converts all
the files for a given list.
For example,  perl mhonarc e:\logfiles\*.log

However, the exact same syntax under NT returns "No such file
or directory."
I can, however, aim Mhonarc at a specific log file and it
works properly.
If I aim at just the logfile directory (perl mhonarc
e:\logfiles) , the
response reads "No New Messages."  Because the logfiles can
contain more
than one message, the mhpattern resource does not seem to be
the answer.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Charles Kronbach
ckronbach(_at_)cerner(_dot_)com