mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc documentation (was Re: MHonArc/Majordomo)

1999-08-10 12:32:52
On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:17:05 -0400
   David Buckle <buckle(_at_)jlab(_dot_)org> wrote:

Dear David,

For what its worth,

Maybe it's time for someone (EWH?) to write/publish an O'Reilly
butterfly book. It sure seems like there are a lot of us around who
use/abuse the MHonArc code. I have very little time to prod the
code or even become sufficiently capable with Perl so that I can
easily follow all of the steps.  I think that the recources
documentation is almost perfect for quickly locating a method for
performing some arcane task that users at our site request. We
certainly have gained users at this site who know much more about
the code than I.

I am serious about the book idea and suggest it, because the
number of users, who are not nerds, is so rapidly increasing. It
would be nice to have a sort of how-to reference for a beginning
user.

A very good Idea. I've started using MHonArc about two weeks ago and
it took me some time to makethings working as I want them. Such a
bookf for new users and even for experienced users would be great
since having a printed book is much easier to look things up than on
the web (even if you have installed toe great documentation locally).

I have written some resources which I will publish when they are
cleaned up. This will help new users to make MHonArc run in a couple
of hours...

I would be in the market for several copies for our lab and one
for myself. I wonder how many think its a waste of time.

I don't think it's a waste of time.

With best compliments

           Peter Seitz
--

  Graz University of Technology, Austria - Fac. f. Civil Engineering
  mailto:seitz(_at_)bzs(_dot_)tu-graz(_dot_)ac(_dot_)at -

            Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Group
Bilingual support at the (Un)Official Pegasus Mail Support Site
Home:   http://wwwbzs.tu-graz.ac.at/software/pegasus/
Mirror: http://ftp.uni-mannheim.de/mirror/pmail/