mhonarc-users

Re: Help with MSGSEP for M/32 archives

2000-02-11 03:38:10
On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 2:26:55 +0100
   Gerry Hickman <gerry1(_at_)dircon(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

    #!/usr/local/bin/perl
    while (<>) {
        print;
        <>  if /^---------- End of Message ----------/;
    }

Use ^---------- End of Message...

Thanks Earl, works a treat! Only trouble is, it seems the M/32 archives
don't have Message IDs or "In Reply to" fields, as all my threads say
there are (0) follow ups :(

You are right. Mercury does not log all headers in the message
archive. I've discussed this with the author of Mercury already.
I will see what I can do to improve the archive funtion of Mercury.

The "In Reply to" is produced by the mail client and not by the
mailserver. So if the client does not support it, there won't be
such a field.

I've mailed Gerry a copy of my hack for a mercury to MHonArc
converter but since it is a hack which is not for the public, I've
done that in a personal mail. When I have the time, I will clean up
the converter and release it to the public.

Oh well, I've asked if the M/32 archive format can be changed :)

Well since it is not very high on the priority list, I wouldn't hold
my breath for it.

With best compliments

           Peter Seitz
--

  Graz University of Technology, Austria - Fac. f. Civil Engineering
  mailto:seitz(_at_)bzs(_dot_)tu-graz(_dot_)ac(_dot_)at -

            Member of the Pegasus Mail Support Group
          Coordinator of the Pmail Translation Process
Bilingual support at the (Un)Official Pegasus Mail Support Site
Home:   http://wwwbzs.tu-graz.ac.at/software/pegasus/
Mirror: http://ftp.uni-mannheim.de/mirror/pmail/