mhonarc-users

Reading from pipe

2001-01-24 06:32:12
Hi all,

I'm trying to use mhonarc to archive mails coming into a majordomo-mailing
list.
I know how to do this from a standard mailboxfile, but i'd like to put
mails into the archive when they are received.
Currently i'm using the cron deamon to check at a given time the mailbox of
the subscriber and archive new files.
More elegant would be to use a mail-alias as subscriber and pipe the output
directly into the mhonarc-command.

i.e.:

/etc/mail/aliases

#
subscriber: "|/usr/local/bin/mhonarc ..."

Do you think a solution like this makes any sense? And if, how would you do
this?

TIA

Tom