mhonarc-users

Re: From field in ISO-2022-JP

2002-12-03 05:33:58
Shinichiro HIDA wrote:
ewh> The conversion is based on the same table used by Perl's 5.8 Encode
ewh> module.  IBM's ICU package appears to use the same mapping.
ewh> Therefore, I am reluctant to apply your diff unless you have some
ewh> more information to back up the change.

ahh.. sorry.
I refered from;
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/UFF00.pdf

What HIDA-san indicated is one of the ambiguities in conversion
between EUC-JP and Unicode.  This issue is described in:
http://www.w3.org/TR/japanese-xml

And I agree with Earl because there seems to be no quick solution.