mhonarc-users

Re: archive rolling/cron jobs

2003-07-21 21:49:21
On July 21, 2003 at 17:27, Harshal Chhaya wrote:

2- Does mhonarc have an capabilities of rolling archives, so that I could
specify changing monthly, quarterly, annually, or whatever? It looks like
users have come up with some home-grown solutions, but I am wondering what
the most common thing to do is.

I don't think that mhonarc can handle log rolling on its own so you
have 2 choices - either create/adapt a script that manages the archives
for you or use a tool like rotatelogs (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/programs/
rotatelogs.html) or logrotate (http://www.rt.com/man/logrotate.8.html).

I think two different things are getting mixed up here.  MHonArc
archives are not logs, therefore, using log rotating software will
not work with mhonarc archives.