mhonarc-users

Re: Some JPEGs are attachments are shown, some are missing

2003-09-16 14:54:32
On September 16, 2003 at 11:45, Vicki Brown wrote:

I had a similar problem recently. Are they maybe progressive jpeg labeled as
'image/pjpeg' in the attachments? I added the following to mhmimetypes.pl

   'image/pjpeg',                      'jpg,jpeg,jpe:Progressive JPEG
image',

Hmmm. This looks promising. They are not quite that but... multipart/mixed
was obviouly a red herring. I had to look deeper.

It is MIMEEXCS.  I examined you .mhonarc.db file for your archive
(which BTW, you may want exclude access to via HTTP), and it
is excluding application/* data.  You need to reset MIMEEXCS as shown
in one of previous messages.

Here's the content type:

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C37C82.68BE4AC0

How can I handle this as JPEG?

One solution is to use the inlineexts and usenameext options to
m2h_external::filter:

  <MIMEArgs>
  m2h_external::filter; inlineexts="jpg" usenameext
  </MIMEArgs>

Unfortunately, such a solution can make your archive vulnerable to
attacks (see the MIMEFILTERS page and the m2h_external::filter and
the Security section of the FAQ for more information).

If you fix the MIMEEXCS setting, the data will show up in your
archives, it will just be saved as a .bin file instead of a .jpg
file.