[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

2005-06-17 15:11:19

On Jun 17, 2005, at 2:49 PM, Earl Hood wrote:

On June 17, 2005 at 13:05, "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:

So we see it does not get past the tmp=strdup(str); line when str =
chad  . It seems to die in strdup as the cgi_output file ends
abruptly and we do not get any fprintf() from after the call

Could be memory allocation problem, or memory corruption.  Did
you get a core file?  Probably not because your coredumpsize limit
is probably 0.

Try running things under a debugger.

If you do not want to step through Apache code, you could modify
namazu.cgi to include a sleep call.  This way you have time to
attach to the process with the debugger.

ok, except for when wrapped in fancy GUIs like in Apple's XCode, I am
a gdb neophyte

I set a break on nmz_codeconv_external which is where the error is
occuring

Breakpoint 2, nmz_codeconv_external (str=0xbffff620 "chad") at
codeconv.c:457
457     fprintf(stdout,"5       1 -- @%s(_at_)\n", str);fflush(stdout);
(gdb) n
454     nmz_codeconv_external (const char *str) {
(gdb) n
457     fprintf(stdout,"5       1 -- @%s(_at_)\n", str);fflush(stdout);
(gdb) n
459         tmp = strdup(str);
(gdb) s

0x400d26e5 in mallopt () from /lib/libc.so.6
(gdb)

It always happens in the same place when str = chad but not when it
is paul or chad* or other things.  This is mighty suspicious to me.

I guess it is off to find the source for glibc (as this is a gentoo
system) and look at strdup

no other system or program on this machine is having problems
including much more resource intensive cgi (assumed) under the same
username so  I think namazu is screwing up the malloc/mallopt maps or
something

We'll see I guess

Chad

--ewh