[Namazu-users-en] Re: some queries failing (cgi)

2005-06-16 21:46:27

On Jun 16, 2005, at 10:37 PM, Tadamasa Teranishi wrote:

"Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" wrote:

The issue is that apache is returning an error when certain query
strings are given.  The error is "Premature end of script headers: /
web/xxxxxx.com/mailman/cgi-bin/Admin-List/namazu.cgi"  which happens
when a cgi does not output the necessary headers before it starts to
output its own data.  It sounds to me like namazu is not getting the
query string passed in correctly sometimes, or something like that.

However, will you operate normally when executing it in the command
line?
Or, is not the command line normally output either?

The command line seems to work.  Both namazu and namazu.cgi .  I ran
the namazu command on the command line and it worked

"I do a

% namazu -F -h "chad" admin-list/

and it returns the search results

searching for "chad" from the web form gives the apache premature end
of headers failure

I do a

% namazu -F -h "shire" admin-list/

and it returns the search results

searching for "shire" from the web form also returns the search results

The two cgi call URLs look the same except for the query

Here is a URL that succeeds

http://mailman.xxx.com/mailman/Admin-List/namazu.cgi?
query=shire&submit=Search%21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score

and one that fails

http://mailman.xxx.com/mailman/Admin-List/namazu.cgi?
query=chad&submit=Search%21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score
"

I also ran namazu.cgi from the commandline setting the environment
variables

"I also ran the namazu.cgi from the commandline after setting the env
variables QUESRY_STRING and SCRIPT_NAME .  I did not know what to set
SCRIPT_NAME to so I set it to namazu.cgi .  I set QUERY_STRING so:

QUERY_STRING=query=shire&submit=Search%
21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score
and
QUERY_STRING=query=chad&submit=Search%21&max=10&result=normal&sort=score

and did

% ./namazu.cgi

In both cases it gave a Content-type: text/html header, the requisite
blankline to end the headers, and then the HTML for the results.  In
both cases.  However, if I actually call it in apache the first one
works and the second one gets premature end of headers error...
"

I ran the namazu.cgi as the same user that apache runs it.

Because of it running when I set the environment variables, I think
that the interaction between apache and namazu.cgi gets corrupted or
something.  If you run namazu.cgi without the environment variables
set, you get a bunch of explanatory text without any http headers and
this would trigger the same error that apache is showing "premature
end of script headers." so I think that somehow for some queries
namazu.cgi is not picking up the query from apache correctly.

I am going to update apache to the latest, though it is a pretty
recent version of 1.3.x already and has no strange modules
installed.  I think it is just the normal default apache headers plus
the apache-ssl mod.

Does namazu have a debug mode I can set for the cgi ? - nothing
seemed obvious when reading the docs and install guide.  Something
that will have the cgi output what it is doing, what it got as a
query string, and what it is sending back to apache -- put into a
debug log?

There is no debug mode in namazu.cgi.
(Debug mode is only in namazu. )

If the NMZ.warnlog file is made, something might be being written
there.

Only NMZ.log and NMZ.slog

Thanks
Chad