Re: MH cleanup and coordination

1996-03-17 09:44:20
David Paigen said:

DISTRIBUTION

Have MH use Configure instead of mhconfig

        How would this work?  Clearly things like the NORUSER...  can be done
        in the auto configuration file, but what about options like DUMB vs
        ISI vs, etc....  I really rather like the current way that it works,
        but some of it really ought to be done automatically.

Remove unneeded items from distribution:

popd?

Better MIME handling (composition, display, maybe use .mailcap?)

        What are the reasons for and against use of mailcap?  I rather like
        the consistency of the current method and I would be unwilling to see
        some of that go.

Format strings for forw and comp

Change format string syntax to be human readable (or provide a compiler)

        Also, as a simple little thing, a nice way to do signatures..  I am
        thinking about another directive to mhl like include for arbitrary
        file inclusions....

Soren