Re: MH cleanup and coordination

1996-03-19 18:07:34
Sounds like we've got some momentum going.  I just wish we'd hear from
John Romine or anyone else "official" at UCI.  It'd really make sense,
IMO, to *coordinate* this with UCI development so that we don't end up
with two or more separate versions of MH.  I think that John's
pre-announcement of MH 6.8.4 might have helped to stall the momentum
for the nmh-workers group that started last fall.  But now, after the
pre-release, where is 6.8.4?  And what next?  Hey, UCI:  Before a bunch
of us start running off in a different direction from what you might
think is best, can we coordinate?  Does UCI want some contributing
MH developers?  (Do all you volunteers *want* to coordinate with UCI?)

After the announcement that 6.8.4 was coming soon, I put nmh on the
back burner.  It's probably a good thing, since I'm cranking back up
my work on zsh.

I still would like to setup a CVS site for mh, give 4 or 5 people access,
and see what happens.

Richard Coleman
coleman(_at_)math(_dot_)gatech(_dot_)edu