Searching messages (other than 'grep' and 'pick') (Was: Re: repl -cc broken?)

1998-08-31 22:30:04
Simon Burge <simonb(_at_)telstra(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> wrote:
On Tue, 01 Sep 1998 12:24:04 +1000  Nathan Bailey wrote:
Nate (who also wonders how others search their MH folders, outside of
the ever helpful Mr Grep :-)

I usually use "pick" for this sort of thing, although I have to admit
that I fall back to grep at times :)

Sorry, I should've clarified -- I guess I mean does anyone use indexing
software (glimpse et al) to help them keep track, or do they just grep
through the body of their messages.  Obviously headers are a lot easier!

Nate
PS: Thanks Daniel Gregor for 'automimeproc: 1' in .mhprofile!