Re: repl -cc broken?

1998-08-31 22:35:30
On Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:37:05 -0400  Richard Coleman wrote:

I am thankful for Richard for taking over nmh.  I don't want him to stop
working on nmh.  I just think nmh is going in the wrong direction.

Then what direction is the right one?  Maintaining 100% compatibility
forever?  That's pretty boring.

Hacking new code is fun.  Maintaining legacy code is work (which I usually
get paid for).  When I stop having fun with nmh, I'll stop working on it.

As a matter of fact, I'm about to start breaking backward compatibility
even more.  I've put it off long enough, but some things just can't
stay the same, if MIME support is to improve.

Just so you don't feel left out Richard, I'd prefer something that moves
along as well.  I've always been a command-line MH/nmh user, and my
fingers can easily learn to type something different (well, change my
aliases).

Keep up the good work!

Simon.