Re: problem w/ make install on MacOS X 10.1.5

2002-06-22 06:28:10
"Jon Stewart" <stew1(_at_)ellipsis(_dot_)cx> wrote:

I'm a Unix moron (hence the use of MacOS X), and I can't seem to get
nmh-1.0.4 to install on my system. Make claims that the install target is
up to date. (Also, config couldn't guess the host, so I specified
powerpc-apple-machten5.5, which -- except for the part about not
installing -- seemed to work.)

Here's what I did (after reading INSTALL and MACHINES):

% ./configure --host=powerpc-apple-machten5.5 --enable-debug \
 --prefix=/usr/local

...configuring, blah blah...

% make

...making, blah blah...

% make install
make: `install' is up to date.

        ls -l install

If there is a zero-length file named "install" in the main nmh
directory (there shouldn't be)

        rm install
        make install

If the file isn't zero length, you might want to investigate before
removing it.

 -NWR