Re: problem w/ make install on MacOS X 10.1.5

2002-06-22 10:15:59
On June 22, 2002 at 12:22, "Jon Stewart" wrote:

The problem is that Apple's HFS+ file system, which is the default and
best-supported fs at the moment, is case preserving yet case insensitive.

Thus, the INSTALL doc looks just the same to make as "install". Renaming
it to README.INSTALL lets me run make install.

That gave me a few install errors, but I forgot to sudo it. I'll start
over, rename the INSTALL doc, and -- hopefully -- report my success.

Your problem could have been avoid if .PHONY was defined within
the makefile.

Are there any reasons why .PHONY is not defined?

--ewh