Re: nmh and tcl

2002-07-25 11:17:34
Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)cmf(_dot_)nrl(_dot_)navy(_dot_)mil> writes:
It is the accessibility of command line tools that makes nmh so
powerful.  It is already in the 21st century, although a little buggy
in spots.

Oh, I agree ... but I don't think NEW features that don't remove or diminish
the command-line tools functions are necessarily bad.  E.g., embedding
Tcl into nmh (or even the reverse) could be done in a sane manner.  For
example, if I could run a Tcl script to generate headers when using
"repl" as an alternative for "replcomps" (which currently is nowhere
near powerful enough to do what I really want) would be interesting.
If you didn't like it, you could simply not compile it in or not use it.
You wouldn't have an objection to things like that, would you?

I wouldn't.

    Norman Shapiro
    798 Barron Avenue
    Palo Alto CA 94306-3109