Re: [Nmh-workers] Wishlist: Extracting Attachments from Email.

2004-11-23 10:41:57

Jon Steinhart writes:
Some of you may recall that after improving attachment-sending in nmh, I've
had some wild ideas about how to improve attachment handling on the reading
end.  What I had been thinking about was to have scan listings report the
components of multipart messages on separate lines, so if message 100 had two
parts there would be a scan listing for 100.1 and 100.2 that could be accessed
separately via show.  Fear of m_getfld has kept me from trying this.

Hi, I'm just wondering how many people are working on improving
attachment-sending in nmh.  It's definitely an interest of mine, particularly
sending named attachments, but I haven't done much nmh development yet, so
I'm sure no one else knows of my interest.

Perhaps all of us should coordinate and collaborate rather than submit
a bunch of similar patches simultaneously?  Either way, it's roughly
the start of the holiday season, which brings a lot of hustle and
bustle in addition to vacation days, and here's another reminder for those
of us who planned on hacking on nmh near the end of the year. :)

Arun