Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh current development

2005-05-10 02:48:03
Josh Bressers wrote:
I must admit that I've not paid a lot of attention to this list in the
past, so I'm hoping someone can fill me in on some details here.  I
submitted a few somewhat lame patches on savannah a bit over a week ago.
My purpose in doing this was to test the waters a bit to see if development
is as stagnant as it appears, the last commit to CVS is 2 months old.  I've
had zero feedback so far.

I hadn't noticed the patches which is a bit the problem with using
trackers such as those on Savannah. I personally think it is better to
have patches posted to the mailing list where they can be discussed. If
nobody objects to them, they should then be commit to CVS.

Without trying to start a flamewar here, does the current development team
still have any interest in this codebase?

I certainly have an interest in it because I use it. I would also happily
handle releases if Ken wants to hand over that job. The current situation
where 1.1 is released but unannounced and contains a serious bug (broken
repl annotation) is certainly not ideal.

Oliver