Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh current development

2005-05-09 21:19:29
On Mon, 09 May 2005 18:16:01 PDT, Jon Steinhart said:

I'll take it over if that's OK with the current maintainer.  I'm not a
great expert on all of the fine points of mail delivery, but I do have
an interest in modernizing the code base and adding new features.

Fear not - there's a goodly number of great experts lurking here, so if you're
unsure about something, asking here will get you the info you need. What's
needed is a *manager* - it's a totally different skill set.  If you've got
a general vision of the direction, and can handle the details of managing
a release(*), then you're likely qualified.

(*) Vision I got. Code I got. Those who know me well know that (a) I can't
manage a release of anything myself (Hell, I have enough trouble rebooting
Morning 1.0 correctly ;) and (b) I work best if somebody  *else*
is telling  me "we need debugged versions of those 3 patches before the feature
freeze next Tuesday".