Re: [Nmh-workers] Should attachment header handling be in send?

2006-02-01 08:45:55
Jon Steinhart wrote:

I feel the same way about having the attachment header containing full
mhbuild directives.  Not sure what you get from that; if you want to
do mhbuild directives, do 'em in the body, it still works.  The whole idea

The attach command is convenient though. Perhaps if the -attach option
is not set in .mh_profile, attach could add an mhbuild directive to the
body.

Jon Steinhart wrote:

enough, what I'm suggesting is that

      forw 123

when the folder is my inbox make a message that begins with

Using the same mechanism for mime forwards just reinforces the idea of
using mhbuild directives in the header: this could be a #forw directive.
I don't really like the idea of it attempting to guess if the file is a
message because it would sometimes get it wrong.

It wouldn't be hard to be backward compatible with X-MH-Attachment that
contain just a filename. I also can't see that it is making the
attachment stuff any harder to use. It is merely providing a little more
control for someone that wants it.

Oliver