Re: [Nmh-workers] Editing MIMEd messages

2006-02-02 20:38:39
As I've stated earlier, I haven't had a problem with the way that things
are so I'm not motivated to make changes.  For those who are motivated,
I suggest the following:

1.  Add an -attach option to mhbuild that is similar to the one that I
    added to whatnow and send.  If set, mhbuild will process attachment
    headers in addition to the mime-composition file body.  This is a
    bit tricky because the whatnow attach code treats the message body as
    a normal file, but should work because the user will either be
    invoking whatnow mime or automimeproc which will mhbuild the message
    before it gets to the send attach code.

Great. That takes care of send invoking mhbuild again because the
attachment headers would disappear. I'll do this ASAP and reuse the
existing attachment header code. Will split it out into another file
for that, I think.

Alternatively mhbuild could do the attachment header handling for send too,
and instead send could protect #-beginning lines in any draft it gets.
Does anyone think that's better?

One more thing. Would anyone object to profile components like
Attach-Header: X-MH-Attach
Forward-Header: X-MH-Forward

When I first started using the attachment handling stuff the fact that
it was done with arguments to whatnow and send confused me. I think it
might be good to keep that so that run-time overriding of the headers
can be done (and perhaps this is an easier hook for frontends), but with
this spreading to other commands now it might be nice to have a common,
but overridable place to configure these.

Cheers,

        - Joel