Re: [Nmh-workers] Should attachment header handling be in send?

2006-02-01 20:27:11
| I don't see anything wrong with "send" doing the work.  It's the only logic
al
| place for it, and in my opinion, is really no different than having it expa
nd
| aliases and such.

What if you build a draft, don't send it, and then delete the /tmp/foo.jpg
that you had attached?  When you send it tomorrow, that's too late to
get the file.

I think that bullet must be bit by any non-monolithic MUA. For instance,
the same problem exists if you save a composition draft and pass it
through mhbuild at a later date. MIMEd messages really shouldn't be
edited, and only a monolithic MUA can sensibly and cleanly cache a
"future" attachment, i.e. one that's not yet in the content of the draft.

That doesn't mean send is the right place for the MIMEing to happen,
though, it's just that if it isn't it will be for a different reason.

Cheers,

        - Joel