Re: [Nmh-workers] [NEWBIE]: fetchmail/procmail and inc

2007-01-13 13:46:45
Fetchmail is used to retrieve my mails. It then passes them to
procmail which stores them into my mail spool.

procmail can also store into MH folders, e.g. ~/mail/inbox, IIRC,
removing the need for the inc stage.

Hum, but then, how "MH" knows about new messages ? I think I am
missing something. Does inc just store messages and nothing else
or does it do some other stuff (such as updating a "database of
new mails") ?

The only thing you need to worry about is updating the "unseen"
sequence, if you use it. This is why you might want to have procmail
pipe to rcvstore instead of storing directly to MH folders.

Cheers,

        - Joel