Re: [Nmh-workers] cleaning out the cobwebs

2010-11-03 13:27:55
[2010-11-03 11:05] Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon(_at_)orthanc(_dot_)ca>

Again, the stumbling block here is m_getfld.c and my not wanting Van
Jacobson, his
children, and my children cursing me as per the comments.

The day of the VAX is long gone, and with it, the need for this sort of
bowing down to the necromancer.  When a piece of code gets this
disgusting the best path forward is to throw it out and rewrite it.

Here we disagree.  It's a waste of time commenting code that's just
going to be ripped out.

Have you had a look into m_getfld.c?

Quoting: ``This module has a long and checkered history.''

Doesn't seem as if the code was so easy to write the first time. It
probably will not be the second time.

meillo