Re: [Nmh-workers] Autoconf changes & new feature

2010-11-21 08:59:59
Thus spake Chad Brown:

On Nov 19, 2010, at 12:22 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

Now you can no longer say --with-cyrus-sasl=[DIR]; you have
to say --with-cyrus-sasl and use CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS to add any options you
need for getting SASL from an alternate location.

While this isn't a big deal personally, I will hazard a guess that
this change is unacceptable to nearly every package distro.  I don't
know that we care, but I'd further guess that they'll either add the
functionality back in or (more likely) not include these versions of
nmh.

This strikes me as a very bad thing if it really would result in nmh
being dropped from Linux distros, as it raises a barrier to trying out
nmh.

--
J.