Re: [Nmh-workers] SMTP/IMAP/POP Support

2010-12-05 19:43:22
/usr/sbin/sendmail is an API, not a program.

... you know what?  I'm not even going to argue with you on this point,
because it doesn't really matter.  And I don't think me explaining my
nmh usage for the Nth time is really going to convice you either.

I will look at slocal again for inteface to fetchmail and try to write a
FAQ on this --- I'm in favour of removing as much as possible in the
POP/IMAP/SMTP side of nmh, but I also want the
nmh-over-fuse-does-IMAP to work in someway.

Let me try a different tactic: Why do you want to mess with my shit?

I mean, fine, you have post send your email to the /usr/sbin/sendmail
program/API; that doesn't bother me.  It works fine for you, and
it doesn't really affect me.  I'm all for keeping functionality people
find useful in nmh.  But you want to REMOVE functionality that I USE;
you're messing with my shit, and I don't really understand why.  If
you don't use the current POP/SMTP functionality in nmh, I don't see
how keeping it really affects you.