Re: [Nmh-workers] SMTP/IMAP/POP Support

2010-12-06 08:15:47

"Ken" == Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
    >> I will look at slocal again for inteface to fetchmail and try to
    >> write a FAQ on this --- I'm in favour of removing as much as
    >> possible in the POP/IMAP/SMTP side of nmh, but I also want the
    >> nmh-over-fuse-does-IMAP to work in someway.

    Ken> Let me try a different tactic: Why do you want to mess with my
    Ken> shit?

    Ken> I mean, fine, you have post send your email to the
    Ken> /usr/sbin/sendmail program/API; that doesn't bother me.  It
    Ken> works fine for you, and it doesn't really affect me.  I'm all
    Ken> for keeping functionality people find useful in nmh.  But you
    Ken> want to REMOVE functionality that I USE; you're messing with my
    Ken> shit, and I don't really understand why.  If you don't use the
    Ken> current POP/SMTP functionality in nmh, I don't see how keeping
    Ken> it really affects you.

woe... I said, "as much as possible" --- I mean, let's remove things
that truly *NOBODY* uses.

I *WANT* POP support in inc --- but I'm cool if we get "modern" POP
interface by having inc popen(3) fetchmail, or link against it's
library, if that's more sane than fixing the code that's there to do
stuff like POP/SSL.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.