Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term

2011-12-06 16:45:54
On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:07:41 EST, Ken Hornstein said:

several times though, so perhaps it's worth revisiting.  Valdis, are you
willing to pick up the exmh/Tcl work to use a shared library for libmh?

Sure, if it simplifies the Tcl code.  Probably would end up being a "exmh 2.0
requires at least nmh 1.5 or later" and refuse to work with older nmh.

Actually, if you could crank out another exmh release, that sure would be
awesome.

Let me see what I can do - the last few years I've been one of the primary
committers of patches, but I've not been the one to turn the crank on the
release.

   And if you figured out how to get exmh to use the "fixed" font
with the most recent version of Tk, that would be super-awesome :-)  (As
an aside ... from my brief investigation, it seems that with the changes
to the font handling in Tk you can no longer use any X font that is
semicondensed, and fixing it required looking at the whole Tk font mess).

I'll take a look at that, I suspect that exmh's use of fonts needs to be cleaned
up since the rest of the world moved to fontconfig/cairo.