Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term

2011-12-10 08:26:58
+------------------------ Ralph Corderoy ------------------+
+---------------------- Yoshi Rokuko -----------+
for what do you guys need original MIME mails?

Investigating problems;  what did nmh receive?  Sending
them on with dist(1).  I expect there are others, like
the signature-checking mentioned earlier.

please don't get me wrong, I'm an idealist, not that I
always live up to my ideals, but I think one should try
(English is not my mothers tongue, so I hope this sounds
sensible)
I'm not in the dev team of nmh, just a humble user. I just
want to share my thinking ...

I'm not sure about your first point (investigating problems)
but I'd rather think of something like a test suit / bench
e.g. an archive of mails on which nmh behaves odd was
mentioned ...

I'm more sure about the other two: dist(1) could recreate
a mime mail, since we need that mime-creation functionality
anyways. And as stated before I think one should verify a
mail only once. The first time you show(1) a PGP/MIME mail
it (asks for the password and decrypts and) tries to verify
the mail. (not a valid signature: delete or keep)

Best regards, Yoshi