Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh in near, medium, and far-term

2011-12-11 04:44:14
Valdis Kletnieks:
Unfortunately, for signed mails, it's quite often the case that you will
need
to re-verify the signature at a later date.  If 6 months later you need to
produce the mail your boss sent, you're probably going to want to be able to
reproduce the signature too.

Actually, let me take that a step further - you *always* need to be able to
deal with the usage case "Hey, let me forward you the note that Fred sent
me last month on this - it has everything you need attached".

Which means you need to either keep Fred's actual message around, or enough
information to regenerate the message.  And if Fred included a digital
signature or encryption, then you need to be able to cope with that as well.

OK, I agree. I was never in such a situation, but I get your point.