Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.

2012-01-10 10:19:30
Errr... no. This has nothing to do with lack of capabilities in nmh.
I use the envelope addressee because it's the canonical source of
data that tells you to whom the message was addressed. But if it's
not available, then no amount of work done by nmh can compensate
for the missing data. In that case, you could instead match on the
To/Cc lines and accept that most of the time it will be fine, but
in some cases it'll get it wrong. You can do this with nmh today
using replcomps.

I guess my point was that it doesn't seem like we have enough smarts today
in mh-format to do everything I want to do; at least it doesn't seem like
it's possible today, or if it is it would be something that would be very
close to being completely unreadable.  But I could be wrong.  But since
we have a number of people saying they would like to see something new
added to nmh, sounds like we either need to document things better,
fix some bugs or add a few things in mh-format, or add something new.