Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.

2012-01-10 09:02:44

Ken Hornstein writes:

That relies on some sendmail.mc config to add an X-Envelope-To header
to my mail on the way through:

So all I have to do is get Google to change their entire server
configuration to match the (lack of) capabilities in my mailer.
Problem solved!

Errr... no. This has nothing to do with lack of capabilities in nmh.
I use the envelope addressee because it's the canonical source of
data that tells you to whom the message was addressed. But if it's
not available, then no amount of work done by nmh can compensate
for the missing data. In that case, you could instead match on the
To/Cc lines and accept that most of the time it will be fine, but
in some cases it'll get it wrong. You can do this with nmh today
using replcomps.

If you're proposing adding some new way of achieving the same
functionality that makes it easier for the end user, then I'm
all for that, of course.

Tet