Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.

2012-01-09 20:15:40
It seems that Lyndon is arguing that it would be better to just have
From:   lambda
to prompt the MTA to rewrite the header. I just tried to send a message
like that and it worked, but nmh added a
Sender: lambda(_at_)a(_dot_)g4(_dot_)wien(_dot_)funkfeuer(_dot_)at
line, which it doesn't do in the other cases. So likely this is not
equivalent to REALLYDUMB?

My reading of the code is that should only happen if you're not using
draft_from masquerading.

And my interpretation is that Lyndon is saying:

- We should have the user configure their email address at some point
- We should then use that as the "From:" header.