Re: [Nmh-workers] Dealing with missing From: header during send.

2012-01-09 20:29:42
Here is my $0.02 on this topic:

- Lyndon is completely correct in assessment of how email has changed; like
  he says, nmh is based on how things used to be.  It's time we dealt better
  with the new world order.

In that vein, here's what I propose for future changes:

- We supply all of the component templates with the appropriate line to
  incorporate nmh's idea of the local mailbox.   This may require an mhl
  extension, and we'll need to run "comp"'s template through mhl.
- We allow the user to configure a local mailbox name in the .mh_profile.
- If this entry doesn't exist, it's constructed like it is done today
  (using localname out of mts.conf plus username, falling back to username +
  local domainname).  Well, okay, how it was done without REALLYDUMB.
- If a draft gets fed to post without a From: header, kick back an error.
  This will have to be intelligent to deal with existing users with old
  component files.

Thoughts?