Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5 release, minor nits, and an open call to Jerry Peek

2012-02-03 13:30:32

On 2012-02-03, at 10:59 AM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

I thought about this ... but that would mean we ditch the installed
system components files completely, and it's not clear what we do
for existing users.

I would use the system-side components as the template to populate the user's
components file. Then again, I've never found the system components file to be
useful at any of the sites I've deployed MH into, since the people actually
using MH invariably set up their own customized components. But I could also be
persuaded to go with getpwnam(getuid())->pw_name@gethostname().

This really all comes down to getting the domain part of the address right.
Perhaps the above getpwnam... hack with the ability to override the RHS. E.g.,
if /usr/local/nmh/etc/MailDomain exists, use its contents rather than calling
gethostname() when building the implicit default From: header.