Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

2012-02-27 20:34:51
The problem is where the mention of spost appears in the FAQ.
The complete question and answer are below. spost is in the last
recommendation, #7.  For the purpose of answering this question, does #7
do anything that "mts: sendmail" does not?

When I asked about spost earlier, there was one legitimate use I
saw for it.  Someone used it to send messages through a custom
program that encrypted all of their outgoing email; that would be
hard to do with regular post unless they implemented all of "sendmail
-bs".  It sounded like everyone else that used spost had put it in
their .mh_profile a decade ago to fix some long-forgotten problem.

I'm with David; mention of it should be removed from the FAQ, and
people should be directed to use the sendmail MTA.  Optionally we
could tell people about the -server option to send when using the
SMTP MTA.