Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

2012-02-06 22:51:51
On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:14:53 +0700, Robert Elz said:
Really?   How do you propose making that work?   Look at the From: header
of this message

One wonders how many MUAs out there choke at that.  Does Outlook/Exchange
manage to cope with that?

Please read the mail standards before proposing changing the way MH works,
don't rely on e-mail being just what you commonly see, or what other e-mail
clients permit (many of which have similarly been created by people who
have no idea what e-mail is supposed to permit.)

There's all sorts of neat stuff allowed by the RFCs.  Unfortunately, my
actual use of said features is in practical terms restricted to those things
that don't make our Exchange admin come looking for me if I accidentally
use the feature when I send my boss e-mail...

Which brings up a question - is it sane to try to support per-destination
customization?  I can probably do the things I'd want in replcomps and
friends, *if* there was a way to say "emit this header for matches in 'to'
for this pattern, but emit this other header for non-match recipients".

Unfortunately, that would require send/post to grow the ability to send
multiple SMTP envelopes with differing headers. Ouch.