Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

2012-02-10 04:48:31
On 2012-02-07 18:29, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
On 2012-02-07, at 7:37 AM, Oliver Kiddle wrote:

But do you really think that
should be the only resort when badly formed mail arrives? I'd prefer to
see what was intended by the sender.

Yes, I do :-(  QP and Base64 (and MIME in general) have been around for
nearly two decades now.  If the sender can't get it right, too bad.  And
really, the only time I see that sort of cruft is from spamming software.

We have the far to usual case of maillists blindly tagging on their
footer to base64 messages. Not spam, not an unexpected breaking, just
stupid software at the source.

-A