Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

2012-02-07 11:08:48
On 2/7/2012 3:37 PM, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
Or you could use cat(1).
Well that's what I do do.

It's great that MH makes that easy and there are various situations in
which I will go straight to the file. But do you really think that
should be the only resort when badly formed mail arrives? I'd prefer to
see what was intended by the sender.

i am +1 to this. but i exchange a lot of MIME with people all day long,
in a way that shell level tools can't help me. so i've moved to IMAP and
i've converted a small subset of my MH folders to "Maildir" format.

what this means to me is that if i can't figure out what someone
intended or i need to run grep, i have to fight like hell to figure out
which file in the Maildir swamp contains the message that my mail reader
isn't parsing correctly. until i can run 'emacs' on that file i don't
really know what's going on.

imagine my relief if i could run pick and mhpath, either on the same
server where my imap server runs (if i want to see a local file system
path name) or on my laptop (if i want to see an IMAP url and perhaps a
local copy of the file.)

using thunderbird helps me a tiny bit more than it hurts me, but it
hurts quite a bit. i want my MH tools back.