Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

2012-02-07 11:53:49
On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM, Lyndon Nerenberg  wrote:

But do you really think that
should be the only resort when badly formed mail arrives? I'd prefer to
see what was intended by the sender.

Yes, I do :-(  QP and Base64 (and MIME in general) have been around for
nearly two decades now.  If the sender can't get it right, too bad.  And
really, the only time I see that sort of cruft is from spamming software.

And it can be a security issue.  The, "be liberal in what you accept,"
mantra is dangerous from a security perspective.

I have no problems with mhshow throwing an error.  It is simple
to then show the message w/o MIME processing.  I have a bash function
that I use in cases when I need to see a message without any MIME
processing, but with basic mhl processing so I do not have
see all the raw headers:

sh.m() {
  show -noshowproc $* | mhl
}